"10 Things I Hate About You" is a coming of age classic.
It warms your heart, breaks your heart and everything in between. Although it is also slightly bizarre and full of hostile teenage attitudes, this combination makes quotes that are uncanny. So uncanny that anyone would love to wake up to them. Right? Right.
Try sending your boyfriend (or girlfriend) these messages to make them feel really loved in the morning... or maybe not so loved.
1. "But mostly, I hate the way I don't hate you, not even close."
Ah, yes. One of the most famous quotes in the whole movie. Nothing says "I love you" more than "I don't hate you".
2. "Are you telling me I'm not a pretty guy?"
Start off which an accusation. Great way to get compliments. Trust. (actually don't)
3. "Excuse me. Have you seen The Feminine Mystique? I've lost my copy."
Aka "Good morning, I left something at your place. Or also interpreted as "Hey I'm trying to like what you like but it's not working"
4. "Ugh, what is it, asshole day?"
EVERYTHING IS GOING WRONG AND IT'S NOT EVEN 9 AM. HELP ME.
5. "Someday you're gonna get bitch slapped. And I'm not gonna do a thing to stop it."
Love youuuuu *winky face*
6. "You're not afraid of me, are you?"
7. "Likes: Thai food, feminist prose and angry girl music of the indie-rock persuasion."
"Just a little about myself. How are you?"
8. "Don't let anyone, ever, make you feel like you don't deserve what you want."
Positive energy to support their long day.
9. "Make anyone cry today?"
It's early but it's a valid question.
10. "Heinous bitch is the term used most often."
Are you talking about them or you? Let them have fun figuring it out.
11. "I know you're a fan of Shakespeare."
And if they aren't, confusing them is great pass time.
12. "Same little asswipe shit for brains everywhere."
See number 4.
13. "Hey there girly, how you doing?"
14. "I know you can be overwhelmed, and underwhelmed, but can you ever be just whelmed?"
Asking the hard hitting questions before they've even had their morning coffee.
15. "Sweating like a pig, actually. And yourself?"
Maybe you went to the gym or maybe you just had one too many cups of coffee. Who knows.
16. "I want you to want me."
Serenade them. Everyone loves to wake up to a good serenade.
17. "Now there's a way to get a guy's attention, huh?"
It really really is.