Sometimes after a break-up, all you just want to sit, cry and wallow in self-pity. Especially when the break-up is fresh, it's hard to feel empowered and happy. Below are 20 songs to listen to when you are sad after a break-up.
1. "Sometime Around Midnight" by the Airborne Toxic Event
"She walks up and asks how you are
So you can smell her perfume
You can see her lying naked in your arms"
2. "I Can't Fall in Love Without You" by Zara Larsson
"I can't fall in love without you
Please don't fall in love without me"
3. "Old Days" by Ingrid Michaelson
"Guess that’s what life’s about
What you remember
What we remember"
4. "What About Us" by P!nk
"What about us?
What about all the plans that ended in disaster?
What about love? What about trust?
What about us?"
5. "Sad" by Maroon 5
"just sitting here, trying not to look back
Still looking at the road we never drove on
And wondering if the one I chose was the right one"
6. "Not About Angels" by Birdy
"How unfair, it's just our luck
Found something real that's out of touch"
7. "Stay" by Rihanna, Mikky Ekko
"Round and around and around and around we go"
8. "Give Me Love" by Ed Sheeran
"Cause lately I've been waking up alone,
Paint splattered teardrops on my shirt"
9. "Maybe" by Lily Kershaw
"Maybe you could forget what I said
And just hold me instead"
10. "Stubborn Love" by The Lumineers
"She'll tear a hole in you, the one you can't repair
But I still love her, I don't really care"
11. "The Last Time" by Taylor Swift and Gary Lightbody
"You break my heart in the blink of an eye, eye, eye."
12. "Last Kiss" by Taylor Swift
"I don't know how to be something you miss
I never thought we'd have a last kiss"
13. "No Peace In Quiet" by Delta Rae
"Whispers in the silence
Remind me you're not there
There's no peace in quiet"
14. "Reminding Me" by Shawn Hook and Vanessa Hudgens
"He keeps reminding me
How good it was
When we were crazy"
15. "You Said You'd Grow Old With Me" by Michael Schulte
"You said you'd grow old with me
We had plans
We had visions"
16. "Let It All Go" by Birdy and RHODES
"There's still a fire in me heart, my darling
But I'm not burning for you"
17. "Say Something" by A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera
"And I... am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all"
18. "Ocean Eyes" by Billie Eilish
"When you gimme those ocean eyes
I've never fallen from quite this high"
19. "The Funeral" by Band of Horses
"At every occasion I'll be ready for the funeral"
20. "Little Do You Know" by Casey Maher
"How I’m breaking while you fall asleep
Little do you know
I’m still haunted by the memory
Little do you know"
It's important to remember that time DOES heal all wounds. Right now it may seem like the pain will never go away, but with time it will get better. You WILL heal. You WILL find someone else. It will get better.