I'm pretty sure everyone would agree that there are many perks to having a significant other, such as love, caring, blah, blah, blah. But as I enter my first long-term relationship, I am realizing that there are a lot more perks than what I always hear about. So, here are just some of the unexpected perks that come with having a boyfriend.
1. I have a whole second wardrobe of clothes.
They're so much comfier than mine.
2. I also have a whole second house with a second fridge and a second pantry full of food.
You have dill pickle chips?! We never get those at my house!
3. And a second (set of) dog(s).
Your dog definitely loves me more than she loves you.
4. I always have someone to pop my back for me.
And it's free.
5. I always have someone to make fun of.
But it's even, because you make fun of me, too. Freak.
6. I always have someone to share inside jokes with.
A rose. Hahahahaha. Oh, sorry, you had to be there.
7. I learn a lot about sports.
You should have never introduced me to Cam Newton if you didn't want him to be bae.
7. I always have someone to show funny videos and pictures to.
And you react in the exact way I expect you to.
8. I always have someone to eat with.
If I get this, will you share it with me?
9. I always have someone to tell secrets to.
Even if their not my own, and I wasn’t supposed to tell anyone. Oops…
10. I never have to be cold again.
There are no personal bubbles between us.
11. I always have someone to sing duets with.
I really can't stay–but, baby, it's cold outside.
12. I always have someone to hate the same things I hate.
Which is basically everyone but us.
13. I always have someone to listen to my complaints.
And agree with me about my first-world problems.
14. I always have someone to tell me I don’t suck.
The only time you're not calling me a loser. And the only time you're being serious.
15. I always have someone to play games with.
And I even let you win sometimes.
16. I always have someone who will vouch for me.
Even when I'm wrong. Which is a lot.
17. I always have someone to laugh at my jokes.
So I don’t have to laugh at them myself. Like I always do.
18. I always have someone to be dorky with.
But in a cool way.
19. I always have someone to be there when I fall.
And laugh at me while they wait for me to get up.
20. I always have someone to dab—I mean dance—with.
Any song. Anywhere.
21. I always have someone to share in my bad habits with.
Soda before bed? Don't mind if we do.
22. I always have someone to watch scary movies with.
You: *Gets up to go to the bathroom*
Me: Where are you going? Don't leave me!
23. I always have someone to play Family Feud with.
And we always win.
24. I always have someone to share stuff with/steal stuff from.
What do you mean your water bottle? It's our water bottle.
25. I always have someone that knows me better than anyone else.
And I get to know you in the same way.
26. I always have a best friend.
You are the Jim to my Pam. I love you!