Being "blind" is not fun, and it's not for everyone. I started wearing glasses in the 3rd grade and I tried everything to avoid getting them. That whole "carrots are good for your eyes" thing is totally a lie! I ate so many carrots thinking it was going to help but it did nothing. Having glasses is super annoying and I'm about to tell you why...
1. They get dirty so fast.Giphy
Honestly I feel like I'm always cleaning them.
2. People always want to try them on.Giphy
Then, even worse, they hit you with the, "Wow, you really can't see". Uhhh no Susan I can't.
3. You can't lay down in them.Giphy
Whenever you lay on your side, your glasses do the thing.
4. Once you put them down, you can't find them.Giphy
If I'm wearing contacts and I'm doing my makeup, I'll throw my glasses on my bed and then have to feel around for them.
5. You can't wear cute sunglasses.Giphy
Double glasses is a major no.
6. You can't see what you look like when you're picking out new ones.Giphy
Reasons my glasses have not always been the cutest.
7. You miss spots when you shave.Giphy
The struggle is real when you're trying to shave and you can't even see two inches in front of you.
Either you swim blind or you swim with the risk of breaking and/or losing your glasses
9. Getting asked why you don't wear contacts.Giphy
Because I work at 3 and 4 a.m. or I have class at 8 a.m. Contacts are for special events because I'm lazy.
10. The eye doctors.Giphy
Okay, so the eye doctor actually isn't bad, but you have to go over every time you start to squint your eyes, which for me is every 6 months.