So as I was writing this at 2:00 a.m. and talking with my boyfriend, we were trying to brainstorm ideas of what I should write about. We began debating back and forth about something stupid and this topic became the resolution of this silly bickering: there are just some things your boyfriend (or at least mine) will probably, most likely never really understand about you.
We compiled a list of 15 things boyfriends will just never understand.
1. Emotional attachment to your clothes (and/or boyfriends clothes).
Sometimes, it's just necessary to wear that shirt two days in a row because you just love it that much. Maybe you just really have to have his sweatpants even though you have probably 10 pairs of your own, but it's just not the same, you know?
What is your weird obsession with that bra? Tbh I don't really know either... Oh, by the way, you're never getting that sweatshirt back, sorry!!!
2. Importance of calendar dates.
Why do you know that December 21st, 2013 is the day you got your braces out? Or that October 16th is National Boss's Day?
Did you know you texted me for the first time on October 31st, 2013?? Well, you did.
3. Our spiritual connection to and utter obsession with dogs and other fluffy animals.
I really don't think I need to explain this one. Who the heck doesn't like fluffy little creatures that just love forever?? No one, that's who.
4. Yes, heels look so good, but they hurt so bad.
Why would you spend THAT much on a pair of shoes that you end up taking off 30 minutes in?? Where's the logic? Beauty is pain, I guess. Right?
5. What it's like to put on/take off makeup.
Want to watch yourself go from a solid 4 to a possible 7? Just paint your face real quick!! Want to go back to a 4? Just take it all off real fast.
6. Why we shed (we really don't know either).
I mean it just kinda happens. It's still a mystery, and forever will be.
7. Why we are always late.
Are we absolutely positive we're feeling this outfit right now? Why does my hair look like I just woke up? I was supposed to leave 5 minutes ago but I just have to change this shirt really quick. It'll be fine.
*shows up 45 minutes late*
8. We secretly like Fortnite, too.
It really isn't that horrible. If you play just one time, you'll most likely be addicted too, believe me. Just trust the system.
9. What it's like to friggin' bleed out of your crotch for a week.
Horrible, miserable, exhausting, awful, terrible, very very bad. I think that covers the gist of it.
10. Why we feel the need to scream every song that comes on the radio.
You like this song? Great, I don't but I'll definitely scream it as obnoxiously as I possibly can to
1. make myself laugh because I'm just THAT funny and
2. Annoy the living crap out of you. So really it's a win-win here, right?
11. Why we must ALWAYS take a picture of our food before we eat it.
It's just so satisfying that you have to take a photo to show the world this magnificent concoction you're about to devour in the next 30 seconds. It's basically free advertising for the company too!!
12. Why we need to wear glitter even though it just gets everywhere.
It's friggin' GLITTER. What do you mean, "why?"
13. How we will argue every fact ever even though we know we're wrong.
Okay, but why would I let you win? That honestly does not makes sense. I'll pull facts out of thin air if it means I'll win.
14. Every time we do win, you'll never hear the end of it.
Well I mean we did win, which means you lost. Which also means you have to be reminded just in case I lose next time because remember that one time when I won?
15. Why we post things on social media.
Honestly, I don't even know but it's fun and slightly competitive so why the heck not?