It's officially football season, ladies! So if you're dating a football head (and not in the Hey Arnold! way), you're probably going to fumble the remote when they tackle you for possession in the months to come (this is a correct analogy, right? #sports). So since you're probably going to be on the losing end of the channel-changing game, it's probably in your best interest to just LET IT HAPPEN. Sometimes it's just not worth playing defense, am I right!?
Of course, if you're into football yourself, more power to you! In that case, you'll enjoy what I'm about to propose a little extra. Because regardless of whether you're (first) down for watching football with your boo, you'll enjoy your own game on the sidelines. So here's my suggestion: sit back, relax, and get ready to CHUG because you're coming off the bench for this drinking game.
1. Your boyfriend starts shouting.
2. Your boyfriend drinks (you are one today, baby).
3. Your boyfriend jumps out of his seat.
4. Your boyfriend's team misses a field goal.
5. Your team gets a touchdown.
6. Your boyfriend swears at the TV.
7. You check how much time is left in the quarter.
Take two sips when...
8. You are pretending to know what is going on.
9. Your boyfriend gets mad at the coach and thinks he could do a better job.
10. Your boyfriend says literally anything to you (a special moment because he likely won't talk to you again during this game).
11. You catch yourself checking out the players on the field.
12. You accidentally root for the wrong team.
13. Your boyfriend mansplains the game to you.
Finish your drink when...
14. Your boyfriend's team is losing by more than 10 points.
15. You know more about football than he does.
16. The game's over (YOU WON! Hopefully).
Pour one out if...
17. You don't have a boyfriend, but your crush is watching football so you are too.
Follow Swoon on Instagram.